The territory known today as Latvia has been inhabited since 9000 BC. In the first half of 2000 BC, the proto-Balts or early Baltic peoples arrived. They are the forefathers of the Latvian people.
What color eyes do Latvians have?
The majority of Latvians, sixty per cent, have grey-blue or blue eyes and soft straight and fine hair of a dark blond colour with a golden tinge.
Are Latvians Slavic or Nordic?
Slavic is an adjective for Slavs (an ethnic group) Latvians are not Slavs. Nordic is by contrast geographic. The Baltics are not usually considered Nordic, albeit in the broadest stretch they sometimes are.
Why are Latvians so pretty?
If you’ve ever laid eyes on at least one of them, you’ve probably asked yourself: why are Latvians so beautiful? The answer is simple: genetics and hard work. With the genetics aspect of this, Latvian girls have physical features very typical of this region of Europe.
What do Latvians call their grandparents?
Family words in Latvian
Who is the most famous Latvian?
Famous people from Latvia
- Ernests Gulbis. Tennis Player. Ernests Gulbis is a Latvian professional tennis player. …
- Mark Rothko. Painting Artist. …
- Mikhail Baryshnikov. Ballerina. …
- Sergei Eisenstein. Film costumer designer. …
- Vitas. Alternative rock Artist. …
- Gidon Kremer. Violinist. …
- Heinz Erhardt. Film Actor. …
- Mikhail Tal. Chess Player.