You must, however, have a valid visa, if you need a visa to reside in Finland. You can work in Finland without a residence permit if, for example: you come to Finland on the basis of an invitation or contract to work as an interpreter, teacher, expert or a sports referee for a maximum of three months.
Do I need a residence permit to work in Finland?
If you plan to work or be an entrepreneur in Finland, you will usually need a residence permit. If you work without a residence permit, you may be punished by a fine. … If you are a citizen of an EU Member State, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland, you do not need a residence permit for Finland.
How do I get a work visa for Finland?
In order to qualify for a work visa in Finland you need to meet some specific criteria:
- You must have a valid work contract in Finland.
- You must have a university degree (except for seasonal work).
- You must work professionally in your field.
- You must be clear of any criminal charges.
- You must not be a danger to Finland.
Is it easy to get PR in Finland?
After you have resided on a continuous basis in Finland for a minimum of four years after graduation, you may already be eligible for permanent residency in the country. Usually, this can happen when you have been working in the country continuously and haven’t resided in another country for long periods of time.
How do I permanently move to Finland?
How to apply for a residence permit
- You can apply for a residence permit in Finland if you have a job, a study place or a family member in Finland. …
- Only you may initiate the application.
- Apply for a residence permit electronically at enterfinland.fi.
Is it easy to get job in Finland?
But one the most vital ones is finding a job once we get there. Finland isn’t exactly the easiest country to move into and part of that -aside from the climate- is the fact that the language is like no other in the world. … They might not be the most attractive type of jobs, but you must see them as stepping stones.
What jobs are in demand in Finland?
Have a look at the top 3 jobs by demand in Finland:
- Software engineering. In the European tech sector currently, the most in-demand workers are software engineers. …
- Nursing. The demand for nurses is constantly growing. …
- Early childhood educators. Kindergarten teachers are in-demand, especially English-speaking ones.
How long does it take to get a residence permit in Finland?
Average processing time
It takes 90 days on average from visiting the service point to process a residence permit application for studies. The Finnish Immigration Service aims to issue a decision before the studies are scheduled to start. You are moving to Finland to live with your family member.
What do I need to start working in Finland?
If you come to work in Finland and you are a citizen of a country that is not an EU member state or one of the Nordic countries, you need a residence permit. You must apply for a residence permit before you come to Finland. Before a residence permit can be granted to you, you must find a job in Finland.
Is it easy to migrate to Finland?
If you are a citizen of any European Union country, you can move to Finland freely. The process may involve some simple bureaucracy but nothing restricts you moving between the EU countries. The EU citizens are also allowed to work in Finland immediately upon arrival without need for a work permit.