If you come to work in Finland and you are a citizen of a country that is not an EU member state or one of the Nordic countries, you need a residence permit. You must apply for a residence permit before you come to Finland. Before a residence permit can be granted to you, you must find a job in Finland.
How do I get a work visa for Finland?
In order to qualify for a work visa in Finland you need to meet some specific criteria:
- You must have a valid work contract in Finland.
- You must have a university degree (except for seasonal work).
- You must work professionally in your field.
- You must be clear of any criminal charges.
- You must not be a danger to Finland.
How much is work permit in Finland?
Fees At A Glance
|RESIDENCE PERMIT CATEGORY||PAPER APPLICATION||ONLINE-APPLICATION*|
|Residence permit (i.e. Spouse,Internship, Au-Pair)||520||470|
|Residence Permit for children (Under 18 years old)||270||240|
|Residence Permit for Students (degree or exchange)||450||350|
|Work Permit**(employment, self-employment, entrepreneurs)||690||490|
How do I get a job in Finland?
Where to look for jobs in Finland
- Common job search services in Finland. TE-services, in Finnish TE-palvelut, the national vacancy service. …
- Jobs in English. …
- Public sector. …
- Headhunters, recruiting and HR companies. …
- Private employment/recruitment agencies. …
- Recruitment fairs. …
- Hidden job market. …
- Universities’ Career Services.
Is it easy to get PR in Finland?
After you have resided on a continuous basis in Finland for a minimum of four years after graduation, you may already be eligible for permanent residency in the country. Usually, this can happen when you have been working in the country continuously and haven’t resided in another country for long periods of time.
Can I go to Finland for work?
You must apply for a residence permit before you come to Finland. Before a residence permit can be granted to you, you must find a job in Finland. … To work in Finland, you normally need either a residence permit for an employed person or some other residence permit entitling you to work.
Is it hard to get a job in Finland?
Do foreigners find it hard to get a job in Finland? – Quora. Short answer: YES!! Short answer: YES!! Long answer: It is hard for all of the foreigners to find a job.
How do I permanently move to Finland?
How to apply for a residence permit
- You can apply for a residence permit in Finland if you have a job, a study place or a family member in Finland. …
- Only you may initiate the application.
- Apply for a residence permit electronically at enterfinland.fi.
Can I get PR in Finland?
You can get a permanent residence permit when you have lived in Finland on a continuous residence permit (A permit) for an uninterrupted period of four years. You can get a P_EU residence permit when you have lived in Finland on a continuous residence permit (A permit) for an uninterrupted period of five years.