While you can undoubtedly see the main tourist attractions in 1 or 2 days in Riga, I recommending spending at least 3 days in Riga to give yourself an opportunity to explore beyond the central areas of the city.
Is it worth going to Riga?
The largest and liveliest of the Baltic capitals – Riga makes for a fantastic, action-packed getaway. From its wonderful architecture, modern art centres, experimental restaurants to its buzzing nightlife – there are many reasons why Riga is well worth visiting. And it’s great value for money, too.
What is there to do in Riga for 3 days?
What to do in Riga?
- 1 – Explore the Old Town. …
- 2 – Take a free walking tour. …
- 3 – Head up St Peter’s Church for a great view. …
- 4 – Check out the House of Blackheads. …
- 5 – Marvel at the Art Nouveau architecture. …
- 6 – Visit the central market. …
- 7 – The Freedom monument. …
- 8 – Visit some of Riga’s best museums.
How can I spend 2 days in Riga?
If you still have time during your 2 days in Riga here are a few other options!
- Visit the Latvian National Museum of Art.
- Make a stop off at the Museum of Occupation of Latvia.
- Check out the Latvian National Opera.
- Walk to Powder Tower.
- See the animals at Riga Zoo!
- Grab a coffee at Dome Square.
Is Riga good for a city break?
Riga is the capital of Latvia. It is also the largest capital city in the Baltic States which are made up of Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia which sits in the middle. It is by no means a “big city” which makes it a great place for a city break or even a weekend getaway.
How much is a beer in Riga?
Cost of Living in Riga
|Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course||40.00€|
|McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)||6.00€|
|Domestic Beer (1 pint draught)||3.20€|
|Imported Beer (12 oz small bottle)||3.00€|
Is Riga Latvia safe?
Riga is a relatively safe city when compared to other cities in Europe. As with all big cities you must be aware of your surroundings. Pick pocketing is common within the tourist areas of Riga, specifically in the central market and between the bus station tunnel and the Old Town, along Valnu Street.
How many days do you need in Vilnius?
While 2 days in Vilnius is generally enough to see most things and to get a good feel for the city, we would recommend trying to spend 3 days in Vilnius in order to be able to get the most out of Lithuania’s capital while also being able to go on a day trip or two.