What is the main city in Lithuania?
What Lithuania is famous for?
Lithuania is famous for its landscapes, flatlands, abundant forests, lakes and marches. In addition, the seaside with its sandy beaches where amber may be found and the Curonian Spit with its impressive images and dunes attract tourists as well.
Is Lithuania cheap or expensive?
Both Lithuania and Poland are affordable countries to visit by European standards, but Lithuania is slightly more expensive than Poland. It is a Baltic country that has a lot to offer visitors despite its small size. Most visitors to Lithuania head to the capital city of Vilnius.
Where should I live in Lithuania?
Where to live in Lithuania
- Vilnius. Vilnius has just over half a million people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. …
- Kaunas. Despite having a colourful ethnic makeup, the second largest town in the country – Kaunus, is actually the most Lithuanian one. …
How can I get a job in Lithuania?
Work in Lithuania
- Find a job vacancy/employer. …
- Obtain a work permit. …
- Get a visa/residence permit. …
- A foreigner must obtain a work permit before arriving in Lithuania. …
- An employer who wishes to recruit a foreigner must apply to the territorial labour exchange in whose territory the registered vacancy is registered.
How safe is Lithuania?
Lithuania is generally a safe country. The crime levels are on par with those in the USA. However, unlike the USA and many other countries, Lithuania has no unsafe districts or ghettos and the crime is spread fairly evenly.
Why is Lithuania so suicidal?
The main factors linked to suicides in the region are GDP growth, demographics, alcohol consumption, psychological factors, and climate temperature. Health expenditure appears to relate to reduced suicides but only for the entire population.
What do people look like in Lithuania?
They have fair skin, more than 80% have light-colored eyes and many have light-colored hair (a stereotypical Lithuanian is thus blue-eyed blonde, even though such people are a minority). Lithuanians are among the tallest peoples of the world (this maybe explains their affinity for basketball).