With the strong legacy of building and developing Skype in Estonia, a lot of people in the local startup ecosystem are highly skilled and technically talented. Estonia has also made it easy for local startups to acquire foreign talent, as in January 2017, the country launched its Startup Visa.
Why is Estonia good for startups?
Estonia is an attractive destination for startups because of its powerful educational system, highly digitized procedures, ease to obtain work and entrepreneurial visa. According to EU-Startups.com, Estonia is different from any other region in the world.
Is Estonia a good place to start a business?
For small business owners that offer digital products, software, or services, Estonia is the perfect place to establish a business. The innovative Estonian tax system, applying taxation only when there’s distribution of benefits, it’s a competitive advantage. For startups, it is also a great solution.
What is Startup Estonia?
Startup Estonia is a governmental initiative aimed to supercharge the Estonian startup ecosystem for it to be the birthplace of many more startup success stories in the future.
How can I start a business in Estonia?
How to get started
- Become an e-resident. Apply online, pay state fee, and choose a pickup location for your digital ID. …
- Choose service provider. Obtain an Estonian contact person and legal address from our Marketplace. …
- Register company in Estonia. Register company structure online at e-Business Registry.
How much does Estonia e-Residency cost?
How much does the e-residency cost? The current application fee is €100, plus €1.99 to cover the payment processing. Since the card is valid for 5 years, that works out to about €20 per year.
What business I can do in Estonia?
Top 10 Small Business Investment Opportunities in Estonia
- e-Commerce related Business.
- Taxi Business.
- Fast Food Restaurant.
- Beauty Salon and Spa.
- Web and Graphics Design Company.
- Furniture Making and Sale.
- Telecommunication Merchant.
- Engineering Fabrication and Construction Company.
How can I invest in Estonia?
It is very easy to invest in Estonia, as either an institutional or retail investor.
- Open an account with a broker registered on TALSE. It is extremely easy. …
- Fund the account. You can wire money from your foreign account and you do not require a local bank account.