Are penguins found in Finland?
There are no penguins in Finland, or are there? Adorable facts about Finland. Innovative, fresh and fun.
Which 5 animals are native to Finland?
List of mammals of Finland
- The brown bear, Ursus arctos, is the national animal of Finland.
- Garden dormouse.
- Water vole.
- Bank vole.
- Tundra vole.
- Striped field mouse.
- European hare.
- West European hedgehog.
What food is popular in Finland?
7 classic Finnish dishes you need to try!
- Bread cheese or Finnish squeaky cheese.
- Classic Finnish rye bread.
- Creamy salmon soup.
- Karelian pasties/pies.
- Sautéed reindeer.
- Blood dumpling soup.
- Salty liquorice.
Who is the most famous person in Finland?
Famous people from Finland
- Kimi Räikkönen. Racing driver. Kimi-Matias Räikkönen is a Finnish racing driver. …
- Jean Sibelius. Art song Artist. …
- Tarja Turunen. Symphonic metal Artist. …
- Mika Häkkinen. Racing driver. …
- Jarkko Nieminen. Tennis Player. …
- Linus Torvalds. Programmer. …
- Alvar Aalto. Architect. …
- Teemu Selänne. Ice Hockey Right winger.
Are there lions in Finland?
Norway, Sweden, Denmark, and Finland. Lions are traditional in nordic countries and their use in coats of arms stem from the middle ages. They symbolize courage in european tradition, and they have permeated the european collective consciousness since Roman times.
Are there polar bears in Finland?
Though polar bears are not native to Finland, you can visit with the region’s sole polar bear at Ranua Wildlife Park via this trip with Wildlife Safaris.